Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information may include your personal e-mail address, address, telephone number, and any information that you share with us or we collect from your use of the Websites and Services or your submission of your Application for our Services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We limit the amount and type of personal information we collect about you to only the personal information necessary for our identified purposes, and we collect personal information by fair and lawful means. The information we collect is the information that you:
· gave us when you fill out forms, such as through your applications, and supporting documentation you provide.
· provided to us through your ongoing interactions with us, from third party other sources, from references, employers, and other financial institutions you have identified in your application as well as credit bureaus. affiliates)
· provide to us when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies
The Personal Information that we collect includes:
· name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, fax number and/or email address;
· additional information for identity matching and credit check purposes, such as occupation, name of employer, names and contact information for references, assets, liabilities, income, previous address, number of dependents, Social Insurance Number (if provided), date of birth or driver's license number;
· information about the account or loan, such as current and historical information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
· payment-related information such as banking information; and
· other information that is necessary for our identified purposes and that is collected with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Why We Collect and Use Your Information?
We may collect and use your information to:
· provide our Services to you and to manage our business operations. For example, we may collect personal information from credit bureaus for the purpose of locating you to collect outstanding debts or to verify your current and ongoing creditworthiness and other information you may provide to us.
· provide you with support in connection with our Services, answer your inquiries, authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our business operations and website performance.
· to register an account on our platform and authenticate you when you log into your platform
· market and promote our Services, including we may share them with our promotional partners, which may be by mail, email, text message, telephone, automatic dialers, and other channels.
· to understand your interests better and to analyze customer trends.
· to verify identity and other information provided by you to determine eligibility for products and services;
· to open, administer and service accounts and loans and to provide and administer any requested products or services;
· to evaluate current and ongoing creditworthiness and other requirements and to determine eligibility or suitability for services offered by us;
· to improve our Service to and communicate with you;
· to collect outstanding debts;
· to maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory record retention requirements; and
· for other purposes identified by us with your consent or as permitted or required by law.When and With Whom We Share Your Information?
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for internal audits, management, billing, or administrative purposes included defending and bringing legal actions. Additionally, to provide you with Services, we may disclose your personal information to third party service providers retained by us, such as marketing, data processing, customer service, office, security, collections, insurance, financial and taxation services.
We may also share with or disclose your personal information to our partners and third-party institutions, such as or for the following purposes:
· credit reporting agencies and your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references;
· financial institutions for the purpose of payment processing;
· to third parties as reasonably necessary to enforce your contracts with us and otherwise for the collection or payment of a debt owed to us;
· for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud;
· in connection with audits;
· for the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements;
· our insurance partners, other lenders or partners so that they may offer other products and Services that may be of interest to you; and
· for other purposes identified by us with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, security requirements, or otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may engage service providers that facilitate provision of the Services, for example, email sending, payment processing, or help desk. We make and continue to make efforts to ensure all our sub-processors comply with our privacy policies. For a list of our sub-processors, please email us at email@example.com
We require our service providers and our affiliates to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent. However, your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada and as such it may also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law. We maintain a records retention and destruction program to destroy information when it is no longer needed or required.
How To Withdraw Your Consent?
We may, however, retain information about your previous applications for our Services that you provided for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
How To Contact Us?
If you have questions or complaints about our practices or policies in connection with our handling, collecting or using your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personalized Experience and Web Analytics.
We also automatically collect information when you visit our Websites in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our Website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We also collect information about how you browse through our Website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our Website. For example:
· We use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location
· We log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers
· We use information about products that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing
· `We track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.What Are Our Age Requirements?
Our website and the Services offered on our website are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 years. We do not allow children or minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to submit applications for our Services, create accounts, or request any marketing emails.
How Do We Handle Law Enforcement Requests?
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator, or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information. If we receive a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, our policy is to provide the requested information.
How Do You Access & Modify Your Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com
.How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information [and we require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them].
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
Do We Have Control Over Links to Third-Party Websites?
How To Contact Us?
, or by sending your mail to:
White Hat Financial Inc.
372 Bay Street, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 2W9
Notice to Persons Outside of Canada.